This is another form of conscious sedation used ‘Hypnovel’ but is administered in tablet form and is far safer for children and the elderly. We also use this sedation for smaller treatments rather than the IV.Much like IV sedation though, this sedation requires you to follow a few imperative things to remember prior to and post appointment:Pre-Op:
- Organise a friend, family member or loved one to escort you to and from the appointment
- Come in one hour prior to your scheduled appointment
- When treatment is completed your friend or relative will drive you home
- Once you are fully awake and the sedation effects have worn off, you will feel comfortable, relaxed and free from stress.
- You will probably remember very little from your treatment
- DO NOT operate a motor vehicle for 24 hours after receiving Oral Conscious Sedation.
*Due to there being no analgesic or pain relieving qualities provided by oral sedatives, local anesthetics will be applied to prevent pain. Just like IV sedation however you won’t remember or feel a thing from the injection due to the relaxing effects brought upon by the sedative.
Routine Checkups (Hygiene and Maintenance)
These should be every 6 months to a year (at the very least!) and will include a comprehensive examination followed by a polish, clean and plan for future treatments. Sign up to our email list and we’ll make things even easier by emailing you when you’re due for your next routine check up and clean.